Comment on page
Intro to Workbooks
Workbooks are interactive documents that combine responses from generative AI models to create unique AI-powered applications and workflows.
A workbook enables you to string together various generative AI models to build powerful applications. In a workbook, you can connect text, image, and audio models in a single environment.
Workbooks are made up of a series of cells. Each cell has its own cell type:
- Model cells are used to prompt generative AI models and output responses which can then be copied as inputs into sequential cells. There are two types of model cells:
- Standard model cells are used to prompt supported generative AI models like GPT-3.5 Turbo (ChatGPT), PaLM2, Stable Diffusion v1.4, Bark, Whisper, and DALL-E2. Each model cell takes in a prompt that is unique to the input modality (text, audio) required by the model. For example, a ChatGPT cell takes in text input and returns text output and a Whisper cell takes in an audio input and return a text output.
- Custom model cells are used to prompt models that you have customized with your own data.
- Text cells allow you to compose formatted text.
Cells can easily be added to your workbook via the add block (+) menu.
You need to execute the cell in order to see the output. You do this in the following ways:
- Click the Play button on the cell.
- Press Enter on your keyboard while focused on a cell.
You can access a set of model settings in the cell's setting menu. The settings available are specific to the model, so it's always worth exploring this menu.